Portobello Mushroom Steaks are a simple and quick meal to whip up for dinner on busy nights. But they look and taste like it took you hours in the kitchen. Plus the barbecue sauce gives it a little pizzazz!
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Homemade barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and destem mushrooms.
- Place on a baking tray top-side down, over parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are juicy.
- Once done, take out of the oven, turn the mushrooms over and brush sauce on the tops. Then turn back onto their tops and brush the rest on the barbecue sauce on the bottoms (You don’t have to use all of the sauce if you don’t want to).
- Place back in the oven to bake for another 10 minutes to warm up the barbecue sauce.
- After the mushrooms are done baking, let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice into strips and serve. Enjoy!
You can serve with steamed Asparagus on the side.
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Clean and rinse.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus, then cut in half.
- Place in a pot of boiling water, put the top on the pot, and steam for 15 minutes or until the asparagus are soft.
- Once done, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 553mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg