These homemade vegan refried beans taste amazing and are so easy to make.
- 2 Cups Dry Pinto Beans
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 tsp Salt (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- Pour beans into a medium bowl and fill with enough water to cover the beans. Soak for a minimum of 2 hours. Can also soak overnight if preferred.
- Strain beans and pour into a medium pot on the stove at high heat.
- Add in onion, garlic, 1 tsp of salt and water almost to the top of the pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low, and cover the pot leaving a slight opening.
- Boil for about 2 hours or until beans are soft.
- Halfway through cooking add the other 1 tsp of salt and stir. Add more water if needed.
- Once done, spoon out onion and garlic, then pour into a blender.
- Add milk and nutritional yeast, and blend until smooth. Add more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Pour into a bowl, serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 6 People
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 791mg
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 41.4g
- Fiber: 10.3g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Homemade vegan refried beans